Sunday, August 16, 2009

Deck Spider

August 15, 2009 – Day 227

Ken came in from the backyard this morning to tell me he found something for me to take a picture of. What he found was this creepy-crawly spider on our deck. The spider was curled up sleeping in his web when I first saw it. I took a few pictures but Ken suggested we check back on it at different times of the day as the lighting changed. That’s what we did and this shot was taken at 10:15 in the evening. It was dark out but Ken shone a flashlight on the spider for my lighting. It was awake and busy, which led me to wonder if spiders are nocturnal.

Spiders really creep me out, far worse than grasshoppers.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... that is a big one! Sandy would have a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Shayne, no doubt!

    Wicked photo Jewel, you had to have used your biggest lens, I can't see you getting to close to this spider! And what a great idea to take photos at different times of the day, if I am ever in one place long enough I'm going to have to give this a shot, or wait until I have my new camera! It's amazing what you do with pictures and I'm excited to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....my....gosh! That is huge! Shayne is right, I would have a heartattack! Is this a harmless spider? That is one amazing creepy photo.

    ReplyDelete