Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Marketplace

August 11, 2009 – Day 223

Today at work Laura (my co-worker friend and fellow addicted virtual farmer) clued me in to Farm Town’s Marketplace! It’s a place where Farm Town’s virtual farmers can go to hire other virtual farmers to harvest and plow our crops. When we hire help to harvest and plow our fields, we earn many more coins per harvested crop! We can also hire ourselves out to work on other virtual farmers’ crops and earn even more coins.

I was so excited and couldn’t wait to try it when I got home. My cabbage patch was ready to harvest at 6:00 so I went to the marketplace and hired someone to harvest it for me and plow the fields afterward. Once that was done and I’d replanted the fields (with raspberries which are ready and waiting for me to harvest as I write this), I went back to the marketplace to look for work – and I was hired! My first job was in a large field and the farmer’s instructions were to harvest anything and everything that needed to be harvested. I began, but after harvesting about four things, my computer booted me out of the game.

Back to the marketplace I went and another farmer, named Miss Kittee, hired me shortly after. My task in that field was to plow a small field. I did - and it was very exciting to be working in someone else's field. When I finished the job, Miss Kittee said, “Thanks for being so fast!”, so I guess my first job as hired farm help was a success!

3 comments:

  1. On my goodness, this sounds so enticing but NO WAY! Keeping up to FarmVille is enough for me and I'm thinking that once classes resume I will no longer be in that one. It does take up a lot of time, where do you find time for two of these?
    I also never heard from your friend, adding her as a neighbor that is. FarmVille is having technical difficulties right now so I'm going to post my P365 and catch up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you are really into this game! It sounds like fun, I just don't do facebook anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how many people are getting into this game. I wonder if they make any money on it.

    ReplyDelete