Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vintage Salt Shaker

November 9, 2009 – Day 313

I’m designing a new kit for the store and I spent many hours working on it today. I took pictures of items that are going to be in the kit and this vintage salt shaker (part of a set I found at a garage sale years ago) is one of the items that I am going to include. The matching pepper shaker will be included as well – but that is a separate picture. The items I use have to be sharp when viewed at 100% in Photoshop, they must not be copyrighted and it’s time consuming to extract each item out of the photograph to include in my kits. I create items from scratch in Photoshop for each kit as well. A lot of work goes into the digital scrapbook kits I create but it’s something I am passionate about - and time disappears when I’m busy designing!

4 comments:

  1. This sure is a nice crisp photo and your kits are the most amazing kits I've ever seen. I went to that site where your kits are for sale and browsed and the others are not nearly as nice as yours are. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute salt shaker!

    That sounds like alot of work, good thing that you enjoy it! I am sure that the final product is going to be just georgous, just like your other kits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going around the edges sure is time consuming, I've tried to do it a few times and it didn't look nearly as clear as this. What is the theme of the kit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a vintage kitchen kit Shayne. I've done one already (Baba's Kitchen) but I have so many vintage kitchen things that I've collected over the years that I easily have enough for another.

    Extracting takes lots of practice - but even then, it's still time consuming.

    ReplyDelete