Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Bear!

November 4, 2009 – Day 308

Little Bear turned 11 years old yesterday! We adopted him from Ken’s sister Glenda in the middle of December 1998, but November 3rd was the day he was born. I had wanted to take a picture of him on his birthday but I forgot.

Little Bear’s lump is gone, his stitches have been out for a couple weeks and his hair is starting to grow back. He’s back to his normal self. Ken took him for a follow-up visit (for his ear infection) with the vet after work this afternoon. They looked down his ears with a microscope thing-y and his ears are cleared right up! Ken said she was surprised that they cleared up so well this quickly. I have to use the cleaning solution twice a week until the bottle is empty (probably just to keep his ears extra clean that much longer) but he doesn’t need any more medication.

I am very happy about all that - but last night Ken told me he noticed a small lump on Little Bear’s neck. Since he has just recovered from surgery and an ear infection, my heart really sank when he told me. I don’t even want to acknowledge the lump or feel it right now. As long as it stays small, we can just have the vet take a look at it when we take Little Bear for his annual check up and shot in February.

2 comments:

  1. Great news that he is fully recovered. Hopefully the lump turns out to be nothing but and sensitive imagination due to recent events.

    We don't know Tuckers exact birthday, just the month and year. At least I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my fingers are crossed that the lump turns out to be nothing.

    ReplyDelete