Sunday, November 22, 2009

3D

November 22, 2009 – Day 326

I went to see “A Christmas Carol” with my sisters Darlene and Cathy and my nephew Stephen this afternoon. It was the first 3D movie I’ve been to in my life and discovered that you really do have to wear special glasses to watch the movie (I was never sure). It was quite a thrill to see things coming at you as if they were real and in parts of the movie, objects or people appear to be right in front of you; it felt as if you could reach out your hand and touch the thing or the person. I didn’t realize until Cathy told me after the movie that Jim Carey played several of the roles. I knew he played Scrooge - and he did an amazing job.

We went to Moxie’s for dinner afterward. Darlene generously paid for my meal for my birthday (which was yesterday).

I don’t go out like this very often so it was really a magical afternoon! Thanks for inviting me along Cathy. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sandy and I are planning to go see this one in theaters as well (in 3D). We've only been to one 3D movie so far (Bolt) and I wasn't that impressed with it. Hopefully this one has better 3D effects (I've heard it does).

    A Christmas Carol is such a timeless classic. We had a chance to see it in theater a couple years ago (at the Jubilee I believe) and it was great. Highly recommended.

    This reminds me, we have to watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation soon. Sandy and I watch it every year, it's my favorite Christmas movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to post a very similar photo, except with us three sisters!

    And yes Shayne, it was fantastic! This was also my first time to ever see a 3D movie as well.

    ReplyDelete