Monday, November 2, 2009

The Bare Minimum

November 2, 2009 – Day 306

When I was younger I loved makeup. I had several products and many colors of each. There was a time I wouldn’t even take my garbage out without makeup on unless it was dark outside! However, for the last few years I’ve been a minimalist when it comes to makeup. I only have a few products and routinely wear the same color of each. I’ll take the garbage out without makeup - even in the daylight and I’ll sometimes even go to the grocery store without it. I’ve never been to work without my makeup on though.

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo and what a topic! It was just this morning I was cleaning out my makeup bag and actually threw out much of what I don't use. I too find that I am and most always was a minimalist when it comes to make up. I think that it was just through this midlife, or life altering change, that I started to really experiment only to go back to the same colors! If it's not broken why fix it right?

    And good for you, not having to put on makeup to take out the garbage, that is true progress in life as far as I'm concerned! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One morning I forgot to put on makeup before work and didn't realize it until it was to late. I thought about going to the store at lunch but by then everyone had already seen me! I was so embarressed! I don't wear very much either, but I sure felt naked that day!

    ReplyDelete