Friday, March 5, 2010

Basement Renos Update


February 25, 2010 – Day 56

Ken has to buy light fixtures to finish up the lights in the basement but he painted the basement floor today. The paint was still wet when I took this picture so I had to take it from the bottom step and I wasn’t able to get much of the room in the view.

We plan to use the basement in part for storage, in part as a space to do our hobbies – and especially for extra sleeping space when my out-of-town children and grandchildren come to visit. For now we plan to buy a couple large area carpets but no extra furniture (we have air mattresses); however, it’ll be interesting to see how the space evolves over time. If I continue to declutter and get rid of enough of my “stuff”, perhaps this space could one day be a TV room and/or a play area as well as extra sleeping space.

No comments:

Post a Comment