Friday, March 26, 2010

Alligator Meat

March 6, 2010 - Day 65

Ken went snowboarding today and Adam drove me to a few places I wanted to shop that are outside my driving comfort zone. We went to Spinelli’s (an Italian grocery store my friend Jen introduced me to a few years ago), Tree Stone Bakery (a bread bakery I discovered online recently when looking for rustic/artesian breads in Edmonton), the Strathcona Farmer’s Market, Buffalo Valley (a meat shop one of the lawyers at work recommended to me on Thursday) and Sun Bake Pita (close to home but I wanted to pick up some things for our movie/snack night tonight). We also stopped at Canadian Tire on the way home and I bought some storage containers that I need as I continue to declutter and organize my house.

Adam and I had fun shopping at these unique places. Buffalo Valley was the most unusual meat shop I’ve ever been to. I bought some buffalo jerky, buffalo salami and ground buffalo meat. I also bought an elk roast to try one day when I’m feeling adventurous. Besides these types of meat, the store also sold cuts of: rabbit, wild boar, llama, ostrich, kangaroo, musk-ox, alligator – and even horse meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment